KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-06

India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 Empty
PostSubject: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 pm

After the successful launch of the moon mission, Chandrayaan-1, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now gearing up for a mission to the sun. The proposed sun mission christened as "Mission Aditya", is aimed at unraveling the secrets of the sun. G Madhavan Nair, chairman of the Indian space agency ISRO, announced that, the agency is ready with its new space programme to explore the corona of the Sun in 2012.

"Mission Aditya" will find out answers for how and why solar flares and solar winds disturb the communication network and play havoc with electronics on the earth. It will also uncover the mysteries surrounding the sun's corona that create geomagnetic field disturbances on the earth and often damage man-made satellites and spacecraft moving in the sky under intense sunlight.

Though the sun mission of ISRO has been on the cards for quite some time now, it got a boost after the successful launch of Chandrayaan-1. The success of the Aditya Mission will provide vital clues to ISRO to protect its satellites and spaceware from being damaged by hot winds and flares ejected out of the sun's corona.
Back to top Go down
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:41 pm

But do you think it is worth for India to start a new space project??
Especially in a time like this when the world is suffering from inflation and recession.
Dont you think India can do a better job by improving living conditions for the people below the poverty line?? Mad
Back to top Go down
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 pm

well i think India is doing this to grow technologically and come up par with other countries

as far as economic conditions are concerned......it is getting bettered but in a slow manner.
Back to top Go down
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 pm

But do you think it is worth it??
Dont you think they should go step by step and not do everything at once?
Dont you think they should enter the space industry after we develop the living conditions ?
Do you know how many people in India are unemployed,uneducated and starving for even 1 square meal a day?
On top of that we have these terror attack and natural calamities like floods,droughts,earthquakes and tsunamis.
Inspite of all these conditions,a country like India is enjoying the luxuries of space explorations,sacrificing the life of millions.
Think about it what if you were one of the sacrificed??
How would you feel?? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Stormgrab suppose 1 day after many years we come to know the earth is not going to exist ( You can take the Doom's Day theory as an example)- and if it's given that we can only survive only if we go to some other galaxy or something like that. Then what will we do? If you are telling that at present we should only think of the present and do things for the present, then what about the future? If you tell that there's no use thinking of the future now, then let me tell that going to a different galazy or something is not achievable in a few years. We need hundreds of years to make this come true.

Bottomline: All that I am saying is that space missions should be held and there should be no restrictions. Who knows what we might extract from the Sun? Maybe something useful for the earth.
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012   India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

India To Send Sun Mission Aditya In 2012
Page 1 of 1