KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kareena
Managing Director
Managing Director

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:08 pm

If you planning to buy graphics cards then don't buy now.. Prices of high end graphics cards will get cheaper soon..

Quote :
ATI, the graphics division of AMD, is working with its board partners and several major e-tailers to lower prices on some key products. The ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB will drop $50 in price, from the $199 segment down to $149. It will compete in this price point primarily against NVIDIA’s GTS 250 1GB rebrand using the old G92 chip, variants of which were used in the 8800GT, 9800GT, 9800GTX, 9800GTX+, etc. However, the HD 4870 has been shown to surpass the performance of NVIDIA’s GTX 260 line, and value seekers may choose to leave NVIDIA for a better price/performance point.

The Radeon 4870 uses GDDR5 to provide more video memory bandwidth than the GTX260, even though it has more RAM, a wider memory bus, and higher clocked memory. The ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB will drop to $129, and is designed to compete at the same price point as NVIDIA’s GTS 250 512MB version. The Radeon HD 4830 will be replaced by another part soon at a lower price point. ATI’s price cuts are anticipated to take effect early this week. One of our sources indicates that NVIDIA and its partners will unveil GTS250 parts at the CeBit tradeshow in Hannover, Germany on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh my god! Thank you so much for this post. Today only I had gone to buy a graphics card for my computer. But after a lot of discussion I didn't buy it. I have a slim CPU unlike the normal ones + DDR1 config. So my CPU didn't support PCI express slot and it had an AVG slot. They told me that the only graphics card which would support my computer is NVDIA GEFORCE 5400 which is approximately Rs.2400 . Also they told me that in order to get this graphics card installed ; they need to change the cabinet of my CPU- therefore making it the big size. So I decided not to install the graphics card. What's the use of changing from a slim and small cabinet to a big one?

Anyways thanks for the information Kareena. I had thought of ordering the graphics card from some other country cheaper in rate- say Singapore. But now I shall wait.

Also a request kareena- as you are very knowledgable with graphics cards and system configurations- why don't you make a topic which deals with the computer configurations and its simultaneous graphics cards available. It's just a request. We will be glad if you do it.

Managing Director
Managing Director

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:29 am

it must be AGP slot not AVG..
It is not easy to get an AGP card.. All new cards are released only for PCI-E..

my suggestion is total upgrade instead of searching for AGP cards..
There are mch better AGP cards than Geforce 5400 like Geforce 7900GS or Radeon 3850 .. But they are not easy to find. Radeon 3850 is a dream card for AGP users..
In case of AGP cards, Radeon is little ahead of Geforce.. If you looking for low price then try Radeon X1650 PRO.. If you want more performance one then try Radeon HD 2600 XT which even support DirectX 10..

If you have slim cabinet then u might not be able to use those cards.. Low range graphics cards are small in size.. But high range cards are huge like half the size of ur keyboard..
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 am

IOh I'm sorry- it muust be AGP then. They told me that only 5400 version is compatible with mine, Anyways I only need a graphics card for playing Warrock and whichever supports it best- I would go for it.

By the way when I went to the shop, they told me that if I had an PCI-E slot, then I could have the NVDIA gfx card upto version 8800 only. I didn't understand this. Why till 8800 only? Why can't it be more than that?

Also can you suggest me the cheapest graphics card for the PCI-E slot through which I can play warrock and especially Battle Group?

Managing Director
Managing Director

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:43 am

There are lots of cards.. Warrock doesn't need good gfx so any cards can..

Always look for current generation cards..For geforce it is 9 series and Radeon 4000 series..

For budget gamers with PCI-E I wud recommend Radeon HD 4650.. It might cost around 3k-4k.. There are no competitions at tht range..If you are looking for value for money then going for Radeon is better option.. You will get double performance cards at same price of Geforce cards..
Back to top Go down
Koushik S
Managing Director
Managing Director

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm planning to buy ATi 4670 512 MB GDDR3 .. Can anyone tell me if this is a good one or not? bounce
Back to top Go down
Angel0fDeath
Clerk
Clerk

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:10 am

yay finally u gtn 1 ^^^
now stop askn me for mine ;P
Back to top Go down
kareena
Managing Director
Managing Director

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 pm

4670 is a downgraded version of ATI 4 series.. As for now u can play all the games with good resolution and details.. But it wont be mch good for long run. where games are competing for better graphics.

Its a good buy if u getting it at price of Rs 5000 and below.. For prices mch above that it wont be much worthy.
Back to top Go down
Koushik S
Managing Director
Managing Director

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Hmm.. Then i'll have to wait for some more time !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons   

Back to top Go down

ATI plans major price cuts for Radeons
Page 1 of 1