KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do we need competitive exams

Go down 
+3
kareena
Arijit
eve annex satan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eve annex satan
eve annex satan

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Do we need competitive exams Empty
PostSubject: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:14 pm

The title explains it
The United States has only two exams for higher education i.e the SAT and the ACT. But in our country we have hundreds of entrance tests. Do we really need these many exams. Cant we just have a single exam and based on that score choose our university, like in the United States.
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:30 am

Well actually I feel there should be one board only- like say only CBSE. SO that we can choose our universities on the basis of our board marks. But if that isn't possible, then having multiple exams is good because suppose we do not perform well in one of the exams, there are chances that we can do well in the others and get into a good university.
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
kareena
Managing Director
Managing Director
kareena

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:22 am

I have 100s of american friends.. Their lifestyle and culture is extremely different from us..

In US, ppl start to live on their own when they get matured.. They have rights to decide their future and education.. They can discontinue their studied and get a job and continue whenever they want to.. Even if they continue studies they does part time jobs to meet their expense... Getting graduation is really a big thing in there..

It is more like lifestyle of our prev generation.. My dad got job as a clerk in university when he was 18.. Then he went to evening classes and completed his degree and got job as police inspector.. Then he got masters in two subjects.. He continued studies while doing job.. Finally he became cmmsr..

Our currrent living style is study study study.. Even in vacations, parents will join us in some vacation courses.. We are like humanoid meant to study till our parents want to stop..
Back to top Go down
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:19 pm

well i think according to me....there should be no exams

only board exams should be there and based upon that only we should get admissions
Back to top Go down
eve annex satan
eve annex satan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:43 pm

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH ABAWI.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BOARDS HAS BEEN DILUTED WOTH ALL THESE COMPETITIVE EXAMS
Back to top Go down
ïиFέÇŦ™
Assistant
Assistant
ïиFέÇŦ™

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 pm

Competetive exams separate the people who actually learn the concepts from the people who mug up textbooks upon textbooks. They actually make you use your brain for reasoning rather than remembering.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

Number of posts : 187

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:08 am

then why board exams??
Let there only be competitive exams.Why boards??
Back to top Go down
ïиFέÇŦ™
Assistant
Assistant
ïиFέÇŦ™

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Becuase everyone doesn't write Competitive exams. Competitive exams are for entrance to certain institutes.

It isn't really necessary for you to sit for competitive exams. Its just that you save a lot of money if you do well in them.

Take the Karnataka CET for example. If you want to join a premier Engineering college like maybe RVCE, you could get a seat in Electronics and Communication Engineering by paying Rs.28,000 only through the government Quota (provided you get a good rank).

Or, you could just pass the boards, not write the CET, and pay about Rs.10-20 Lakhs in donation + yearly fees of around Rs.1.5 -3 lakhs.

I hope that answers your question.
Back to top Go down
Koushik S
Managing Director
Managing Director
Koushik S

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 am

ïиFέÇŦ™ wrote:
Competetive exams separate the people who actually learn the concepts from the people who mug up textbooks upon textbooks. They actually make you use your brain for reasoning rather than remembering.

Laughing

Yes, i agree with insect Razz .. For example, let us take Karnataka CET.
The questions they give require a good amount of brain work before you answer them.
Even if you take a simple question from them and choose an obvious answer (from the options), it won't be correct.
Most of the questions may seem simple, but it's quite tricky Wink

It's left to us to choose to write the exam or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we need competitive exams   Do we need competitive exams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do we need competitive exams
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KNOW THE UNKNOWN :: Know your world :: Competitive Exams-
Jump to: