KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under

Go down 
3 posters

ROADIES
LOVE IT
MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_lcap50%MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
LIKE IT
MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_lcap0%MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
HATE IT
MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_lcap33%MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
ITS O.K
MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_lcap17%MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-06

MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under Empty
PostSubject: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 pm

MTV Roadies Hell Down Under is the sixth season of MTV Roadies, a reality television show aired on MTV India. The audition episodes were aired from November 29, 2008 and the journey episodes began airing on January 10, 2009. The actual journey of the selected Roadies started from November 11, 2008. Its auditions were held in various cities of India, like Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chandigarh. Following mob violence during Delhi auditions, roadies from Delhi and Mumbai were shortlisted through online auditions, followed by a Group discussion and Interview. This is the first time in MTV Roadies history that Nikhil Chinnappa was replaced by Raghu's identical twin brother, Rajiv Laxman.

I WANT TO ASK HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE ROADIES AND WHAT IS THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT IT......

for those who dont know what it is about......here's some information for them

Roadies

Name
Paulami De Kolkata

Natasha Sinha Chandigarh

Nauman Sait Banglore

Gurmeet Kaur Johal (Palak) Banglore

Puneet Malhotra (Sufi) Mumbai (Bombay)

Samrat Kaushal Ahmedabad

Tamanna Sharma Chandigarh

Sandeep Singh New Delhi

Bobby Chopra New Delhi

Pradeep Singh New Delhi

Lonkiri Timung (Kiri) Kolkata

Suzanna Mukherjee Mumbai (Bombay)

Roop Bhinder New Delhi

Devarshi Patel Ahmedabad

Varisha Hawelia Kolkata

journey

Episode 1

The first episode of the journey for the selected 20 roadies was aired on January 10, 2009. After brief introductions and partying for a while, the roadies are accosted to a place where a 'Vote-Out Stage' is set up. Rannvijay arrives and addresses them and suddenly Raghu emerges from behind Rannvijay and announces that there is going to be no vote-out. He further adds that only 10 roadies rightfully deserve to continue the journey and the remaining roadies have to prove themselves in order to continue the journey. Raghu names Devarshi, Samrat, Paulami, Kiri, Gurmeet, Tamanna, Natasha, Pradeep, Roop and Varisha as the 'safe contestants'. The other 10 roadies are told that they will be divided into two teams and perform a task to prove themselves worthy to be on the journey.
Suzanna, Sufi, Sandeep, Bobby and Nauman make up the yellow team and Ankur, Sonia, Neha, Vicky and Bhanu form the green team. The task is to cross a obstacle course and devour as many parathas as they can in 20 minutes. The catch is that they have to perform as a team with their hand and legs tied to each other. The yellow team wins by a margin of 21 to 19. The green team members are eliminated from the show but Rannvijay announces that a vote-out will take place to eliminate a roadie from the yellow team. In the vote-out, Sufi is eliminated from the show.

Episode 2

The remaining fourteen roadies begin their journey in episode after being flagged off by previous season finalist Nihal. The journey begins for as they travel from Manesar to Pushkar on their Karizmas. Before leaving for Pushkar, they are also divided into 2 gangs, The "Blue gang" and "the Red gang". The red gang name their team "Brats" and consists of Suzanna, Bobby, Natasha, Kiri, Sandeep, Roop and Pradeep. While the Blue gang name their team "Om Blues" and consists of Paulami, Varisha, Tamanna, Devarshi, Nauman, Gurmeet and Samrat.
In a departure from previous season, they are told that they will take part in task as gangs, and thus will earn money and immunity for their respective teams or gangs. The first Money Task takes them to the Pushkar Mela where they need to collect as much cattle dung as they could. In the Immunity task, the girls get tested on their Hindi vocabulary. While the correct answer by the girls, wins some points for their respective teams, the wrong answer penalises the guys with the guys getting hit between their legs. Om Blues loses the immunity task and in the voteout there is a tie between Varisha and Paulomi. For the tiebreaker, the Brats participate in a vote out to eliminate either of Varisha and Paulami. In the resulting tiebreaker vote-out, Varisha is eliminated from the show.

Episode 3

Part 1
The episode starts with Tamanna blaming Gurmeet for Varisha's vote-out. This creates friction between both of them. Next day, the roadies are told to perform a popular classical folk-dance of Rajasthan - Kalbelia and Kachchi-Ghodi as their next money task. They are supposed to perform the dance in front of a live audience. Rannvijay informs the roadies, that in accordance with the local tradition, if the audience does not like the performance, then they will fling their shoes on the contestants to express their displeasure. The Brats win the money task again and their account is credited with Rs. 30,000 taking the total amount of their team to Rs. 80,000.

Part 2
The episode starts with the two teams receiving a scroll telling them to choose two members from their team who they wish to eliminate. The Brats choose Kiri and Suzzana while the Om Blues decide on Samrat and Paulomee. But at the site of immunity task when Rannvijay asks the Om Blues, Palak nominates Dev and Tamanna. The task is a tight rope race in a Best-of-3 contest. Dev and Tamanna win the task and they get to choose two members from their team who will be voted against in the vote-out in addition to Kiri and Suzzana. At the vote-out Tamanna and Dev choose Palak and Samrat and in the vote-out Palak is eliminated. As the Om Blues were left with just five members and the Brats had seven, so to even it out one member of the Brats had to switch to the Om Blues. In the resulting vote Bobby, Kiri and Suzzana each get three votes and finally Om Blues choose Kiri to join them.

Episode 4

In this episode the roadies head towards Mount Abu. Here, the roadies are provided with a sumptous meal and soon after their lunch, Rannvijay emerges to announce that this is going to be their next money task. He asks each gang to select 4 roadies from their teams who will be fed laxative tablets. The task is to see which team can hold out the longest without relieving themselves. For each hour they hold out, their team gets Rs. 25,000. Brats selected Pradeep, Roop, Natasha and Bobby, whereas Om Blues select all the four boys among them, i.e. Samrat, Nauman, Kiri and Devarshi. After holding out for two hours, Bobby rushes to the loo and thus Om Blues win their first money task.
The Immunity task of the episode was "Pot Balancing Race", for which each gang is asked to select "the least deserving roadie among them". In this task, the participants have to balance 3 earthen pots on their head in race to the finish line. Brats picks Bobby and Om Blues selects Paulami for the task. Paulami defeats Bobby in the first two race and is declared a winner. However, as a twist to the tale, Paulami and all members of Brats (except Bobby) get immunity. In the vote out, Nauman is eliminated.

Episode 5

Part 1

The episode starts with the roadies heading towards Gandhinagar. On their way to Gandhinagar, Bobby meets with an accident and gets injured. As they reach Gandhinagar, the roadies are told that they have to camp and live in tents. The roadies are then taken to a poolside where they are told that they notice a pool table immersed in a swimming pool. Rannvijay announces that for their next money task they have to play pool while holding their breath inside the water. Bobby backs out of the task due to her injuries. Om Blues win this task and pocket Rs. 70,000 in this task, tking their total earnings to Rs.120,000.
At night, the roadies have a surprise Q & A session in which each roadie gets to ask another roadie an anonymous question. This session builds up more friction and animosity amongst the roadies. Next morning, the roadies leave for Varsoda which is the location of their next immunity task. Here, they are taken to a palace which is allegedly haunted. Both the gangs are asked to explore the place where to their surprise they find Raghu and Rajeev sitting in two separate rooms as they enter.

Part 2

The twins assign the teams their new immunity task, that of selecting one member from their respective teams to be shut inside a casket, the catch being that the person who is shut inside the casket is immediately eliminated while his remaning gang member attain immunity. The ganag which does this task fastest attains immunity. Devarshi of "Om blues" volunteers to enter the casket without any opposition from his team-mates, while the Brats bully and force Bobby to enter the casket citing her injury. A very reluctant Bobby initially refuses, but finally gives in and enters the casket. The rest of the roadies of Om Blues are relieved that they don't have to enter the casket, and they come out of the room immediately, and thus winning the immunity.
Raghu and Rajiv, surprised by the Devarshi's willingness to be eliminated gives him a severe tongue lashing for being so stupid, and sends him off the show. However Raghu, reprimands the "Brats" for bullying Bobby into getting into the casket and in a twist to the tale award her with immunity. They also give her the power to choose two people from her gang who will get to be immune from the vote-out alongwith her. Bobby chooses Sandeep and Pradeep to be immune from voteout. In the vote-out, Roop is eliminated.

Episode 6

After Roop's vote-out, roadies travel to Silvassa. Here, they are taken to a tribal hamlet where Rannvijay and Raghu greet the roadies. After a traditional tribal dance performance, Raghu announces that from this point onwards each roadie is independent and the gangs would cease to exist. For their immunity task, the Roadies are asked to wrestle in a traditional wrestling ring (Akhara). There would be two bouts, one for girls and the second for guys. To eliminate an opponent, one would have to push them out of the ring, and the last man standing would be the winner. Raghu also announces that the boy and the girl who win the immunity task will also get a chance to win Rs 2lac cash which the "Gangs" had accumulated so far.
Samrat fights off Sandeep while Kiri wrestles Pradeep. Samrat eliminates Sandeep and while Pradeep and Kiri were wrestling each other Samrat manages to shove them out of the ring, thereby winning immunity. Among the girls, Bobby excuses herself from the fight citing her injury which leaves 4 girls to wrestle each other. Suzanna chases Paulomi out of the ring. Then the fight turns ugly with Tamanna and Natasha accusing each other of tugging at each other's clothes off. Eventually, Natasha wins the immunity task.
Next day Raghu announces that there will be a contest between Samrat and Natasha to decide on who gets the Rs 2 Lac cash. However, Raghu introduces a twist by announcing that though the winner of this task may win the Prize money but he/she will have to forego the immunity. The task is an Archery task where the participants have to shoot at a rotating target. Neither Natasha or Samrat are able to hit the target, wherein Raghu gives other Roadies a go at the target. The other Roadies too fail to hit the target and hence the prize money in the "roadies acoount" is reset to zero. The Roadies then proceed for the vote-out where, Suzanna gets voted-out with a margin of 5-3 against Sandeep.

Episode 7

In this episode, the 8 roadies arrive in Australia. Rannvijay then reveals that 3 roadies who had been evicted earlier will get a chance to replace 3 existing roadies by challenging them to a task and winning it. The three wildcard Roadies are revealed to be Nauman, Palak and Sufi. They challenge Pradeep, Bobby and Kiri respectively.
Sufi defeats Kiri in a ladder task in which they are required to climb atop a steel structure and unveil the flag in fastest time possible. Pradeep and Nauman battle it out in a Zorbing task, which Nauman wins, thereby eliminating Pradeep. Palak defeats Bobby in a Mechanical bull riding task, thereby eliminating her. Thus, all three "wildcard entry" roadies manage to replace three existing roadies.
Rannvijay then announces that there would be a voteout in which the winners of the tasks, Palak, Nauman and Sufi would be immune. The roadies vote out Sandeep, whose influence was considerably weakened after his friends Pradeep and Bobby were eliminated.

Episode 8

The roadies reach the Broken Hill, Australia. They had to reach a river and do the Advantage task which made the winners Nauman, Samrat and Natasha immune and also gave them the chance to win Hero Honda Karizma bike. Then they are made to reach in the middle of nowhere, at the outback of Australia. There Nauman and Natasha backed out of the Wrestling task and lost their immunity and chance to win the bike. Instead Gurmeet (Palak) and Sufi take their challenge and win the bike. Tamanna was voted-out in this episode.

Episode 9

The Roadies face the first money task of their journey of Australia of having a match individually with professional rugby players of the Dubbo Rhino rugby team with the team blindfolded and a bell tied on the feet of the Roadies. The roadies win 1,85,000 rupees in that task. Then the second task of the episode was the immunity task in which Roadies had to face crocodiles and collect as many chips as possible to win immunity. Sufi wins the immunity. Samrat was voted-out after a hot debate between Sufi and Gurmeet.

Episode 10

The Roadies go on their Karizmas to Gold Coast, Queensland. There they face the money task where they have to dive from the diving board on to the pool splashing as much water on the models as they can. When the models' shirts get wet, the shirts become transparent. There are two letters on each of the three models' stomach and out of those letters, they have to come up with as many words as possible. The roadies win 37,000 rupees in this money task.
The roadies get a scroll saying "open at your own risk". Inside that scroll it said that "you will experience hell in your next vote out". The next day, the roadies go to a theme park for their immunity task. The task is that they have to drink a milkshake and ride in the Claw, a intense ride, as many times as they can without throwing up. Nauman wins the task and gets the immunity. At the vote out, everyone votes Gurmeet out. It turns out that the hell that the roadies would experience is that the person who gets voted out, will actually be safe and that person could choose anyone who they want to get eliminated. Gurmeet eliminates Sufi.
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 am

I do not like it at all as very often there are many stupid things done. Eg- Piercing of the tongue.
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 pm

ya but then there are many other things done which increases the excitement show...
Back to top Go down
eve annex satan
eve annex satan

Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:50 pm

wats so stupid in getting ur tongue pierced so many people do that
atleast it is better than some song and dance reality show which people are sick and tired of.
Roadies was india's first and longest running realty show with it entering season no.6.
Shows like indian idol have lost out on their initial popularity and hype but the popularity of roadies has only increased over the past 6 years
Back to top Go down
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 pm

i agree with satan
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Eve Annax Satan please read my post carefully. I have mentioned that I do not like it as I find it stupid.

I did not say that others need to find it stupid. It was entirely my opinion. Moreover if you do not like dance and other reality shows- it does not mean that others do not like it. If you have done a survey , well I'll be happy to see it then. Until then you cannot tell that your opinion is the same as the rest of the world's.
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
Thunder
Assistant
Assistant
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:03 pm

arijit has its own opinion.........

its just that satan feels that way and thats his opinion......

i like roadies as well as some dance shows....but not all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under   MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTV hero honda ROADIES..hell down under
Page 1 of 1