KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Admin
Admin
Hawkeye

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-03-03

A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator Empty
PostSubject: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 pm

A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator 364956main_image_1401_946-710

This image, created from data obtained from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope, shows a part of the roughly circular supernova remnant known as RCW 86. This remnant of an exploded star may be the one observed in 185 AD by Chinese astronomers. By studying it, astronomers gained a better understanding of new details about the role of supernova remnants as the Milky Way's super-efficient particle accelerators.
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 am

Wow what a picture! For a moment I felt that I am in real space. Great work! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Astronomers gained a better understanding in 185 AD?
Back to top Go down
Koushik S
Managing Director
Managing Director
Koushik S

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't get it.. If it was observed in 185 AD by Chinese Astronomers, how was it observed again now?!
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Admin
Admin
Hawkeye

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:53 am

Koushik S wrote:
I don't get it.. If it was observed in 185 AD by Chinese Astronomers, how was it observed again now?!

The above picture is supposed to be the dead corpse of the supernova observed by Chinese astronomers in 185 AD. This supernova, first thought to be a star by Chinese astronomers, was visible for months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator   A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Super-Efficient Particle Accelerator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KNOW THE UNKNOWN :: Technology :: Science/Maths-
Jump to: