KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Welcome to KnowTheUnknown!!! A bit of everything!!!
KNOW THE UNKNOWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is piracy eco-friendly??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Is piracy eco-friendly?? Empty
PostSubject: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Is piracy eco-friendly?? 2yyvx810

First of all ....I appoligise for taking a topic regarding piracy...Actually im not talking of pirated software but the piracy file sharing Protocol used in opensource...This is not an Encouragement to Piracy.

Open Source Softwares are available for Downloads from Ftp,Http,servers.......So Do u think the Software should be manufactured....Covered in Plastic boxes......Go to retailer....We go and Buy/Order.....We Through it back(Not sure this happens in INDIA)...Is this Ecofreindly?

I am not encouraging Piracy but the way of marketing is not Green in Software Industry...........This is the Point of Argument......
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Admin
Admin
Hawkeye

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:04 pm

This is what I like about filesharing... FREE and Eco-friendly.. what could you ask more???

Maybe Al Gore should talk about filesharing as a means of saving our environment in his next doc.Smile
Back to top Go down
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm

If people can make their products more eco friendly then it would be a better world.Maybe Al Gore woudn't touch that topic because it is too sensitive and controversial.
Back to top Go down
Arijit
Admin
Admin
Arijit

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Well I agree as well as diagree in this matter. It sure doesn't produce physical wastes but it definitely produces ultra violet rays and CFC's which harm the environment.
Back to top Go down
https://knowtheunknown.darkbb.com
Koushik S
Managing Director
Managing Director
Koushik S

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:54 pm

But for piracy to exist, there should be a company which sells games/movies.

If piracy grows too much, then company falls down.

Then no company, no piracy Razz

That was just my first thought when i saw the picture Razz
Back to top Go down
stormgrab
Managing Director
Managing Director
stormgrab

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:30 am

skoushik333 wrote:
But for piracy to exist, there should be a company which sells games/movies.

If piracy grows too much, then company falls down.

Very true but dont you think piracy reduces the no of cds manufactured and thus reducing amt of cds wasted.
Back to top Go down
kareena
Managing Director
Managing Director
kareena

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:39 am

When I download some pirated things I write it in cd/dvd.. also make copies for my friends too.. So piracy doesnt reduce cds for me,,,

Also there are many softwares and games which can be bought and downloaded through internet..

If this piracy goes on increasing and made legal then how will poor people working on software, music and movie industry will survive..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is piracy eco-friendly??   Is piracy eco-friendly?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is piracy eco-friendly??
Page 1 of 1